Chrome is a freeware browser used in surfing the web. It was created and released by the popular search engine giant “Google” in the year 2008. It was first released for XP and lower version.
Google chrome has steadily gained popularity since its release in the year 2008, to the level that it became the biggest share of the world internet usage. Google’s reputation for innovation has dominated the internet browser industry. The search engine lends from other standard and well-established website that came before it and then improve with their methods, and now is the standard to which other browsers aspire.
Google chrome was released for android and windows operating system. To download chrome on your windows os, you can download directly from the browser official website. To download for android devices, go to Google play store and search for chrome. Before downloading the software, update your device to the recent version of the software you are downloading in other not to have challenges installing it.
This browser can be downloaded and installed from the official website “chrome.com” and it can also be downloaded from Google play store. Below i will be showing you steps on how to download chrome.
How to Download Chrome Browser
- Download Google chrome app from the official website “chrome.com” or search from google play store.
- Click new or save when prompted.
- Then start the software installation by clicking save.
- Wait for some minute for it to finish downloading.
- Launch the browser, then start surfing the web.
Now that you have learned how to download, the next review will be on the reason why you need the chrome app on your device. Below i will be talking about features you can find on this app.
Features of Chrome
This software can synchronize your browser preferences, extension, and bookmarks so that they can be available on any of your devices once you login to your google account. This has a lot of advantages. It allows you gain easy access to your own add-ons no matter the device you are using.
- Chrome tab – Another thing the web advaces at is the “tabbed browser” feature. You can reorganize drag tabs to open new windows with a single click. This tabs function independently, which means when one tab fails, it will not affect other tabs. When you click the parent tab, a new tab will be placed next to it by clicking on the embedded link, which makes out tab list to be more organized.
Application Shortcut Can Be Created For Your Favorite –
this feature allows you to create shortcuts for a particular website without going to the main browser with the previous tabs. You can enable it by clicking the icon at the top right corner of your browser. Go to the website in the chrome you need to create shortcut for, then click on “Create Application Shortcuts”.
- Synchronizes All Your Google Account –
In case you switch between different computers, and you still want the same settings. You can use the synchronize browser account feature for your Google account. You can keep your bookmarks, themes, preferences.
This feature can be set by going to set up sync at the top right corner of your browser.
- Google Chrome Task Manager – This feature puts you in charge of your os. You can use it to check details about a particular process running in chrome or a website that is consuming memory. To open task manager, click on tools, inside tools, locate task or use the shortcut on the keyboard by press shift+Esc.
Memory uses different browser –
This feature shows you how much memory each browser that is open is being consumed. This feature can help you check application that is slowing your computer.
- “Pin Tab” Features – This feature reduces a tab and pins your favorite tab on the left end of your browser. This is very useful for the website you use very often. To do this, right click on the favorite tab and click pin tab.
- Speed – During time trials, browser as proved to be one of the fastest browsers due to its remarkable speed during subsequent refreshes and that time of speed as stayed consistent. This aspect made chrome stands out from other browsers.
This feature is another important and notable feature of this browser. As you navigate web pages, your browser deletes password and cookies from that session when it is in incognito mode. You can open the google browser in incognito and normal mode simultaneously. When your browser is in this mode, it does not track your browsing as you navigate the web.
It is designed to keep you secure and safe with built-in malware and phishing protection and auto update to sync you with current security features. Chrome browser displays a warning when a suspected website contains malware.
It uses sandboxes method to stop malware from penetrating into the system and exposing your online information.